It has been a while since an official OpenOCD release, but it is finally here !!
Many thanks to all that helped get this release out the door – in the future we are planning to release on a more regular schedule.
Here is the NEWS file relating to this release:
This file includes highlights of the changes made in the OpenOCD 0.5.0 source archive release. See the repository history for details about what changed, including bugfixes and other issues not mentioned here.
- New driver for “Bus Pirate”
- Rename various commands so they’re not JTAG-specific
There are migration procedures for most of these, but you should convert your scripts to the new names, since those procedures will not be around forever.
- jtag jinterface … is now adapter_name …
- jtag_khz … is now adapter_khz …
- jtag_nsrst_delay … is now adapter_nsrst_delay …
- jtag_nsrst_assert_width … is now adapter_nsrst_assert_width …
- Support Voipac VPACLink JTAG Adapter.
Transport framework core … supporting future work for SWD, SPI, and other non-JTAG ways to debug targets or program flash.
- basic semihosting support for ARMv7M.
- renamed “armv7m” command prefix as “arm”
- “ejtag_srst” variant removed. The same functionality is obtained by using “reset_config none”.
- added PIC32MX software reset support, this means srst is not required to be connected anymore.
- preliminary AVR32 AP7000 support.
- New “stellaris recover” command, implements the procedure to recover locked devices (restoring non-volatile state to the factory defaults, including erasing the flash and its protection bits, and possibly re-enabling hardware debugging).
- PIC32MX now uses algorithm for flash programming, this has increased the performance by approx 96%.
- New ‘pic32mx unlock’ cmd to remove readout protection.
- New STM32 Value Line Support.
- New ‘virtual’ flash driver, used to associate other addresses with a flash bank. See pic32mx.cfg for usage.
- New iMX27 NAND flash controller driver.
Board, Target, and Interface Configuration Scripts:
- Support IAR LPC1768 kickstart board (by Olimex)
- Support Voipac PXA270/PXA270M module.
- New $PARPORTADDR tcl variable used to change default parallel port address used.
- Remove lm3s811.cfg; use “stellaris.cfg” instead
Core Jim/TCL Scripting:
- New “add_script_search_dir” command, behaviour is the same as the “-s” cmd line option.
Build and Release:
For more details about what has changed since the last release, see the git repository history. With gitweb, you can browse that in various levels of detail.
For older NEWS, see the NEWS files associated with each release (i.e. NEWS-<version>).
For more information about contributing test reports, bug fixes, or new features and device support, please read the new Developer Manual (or the BUGS and PATCHES.txt files in the source archive).